Monday, March 12, 2007

In a Perfect World

I've been debating whether or not to blog about this new guy that I'm seeing. He has officially made it over a week in my life, and I like him very very much, but it seems like every time I blog about a boy he disappears. And that is embarrassing to me, and kinda makes me look like I meet a new guy every week. Which is kinda true, but I am not the one deciding things should end in a week.

But I can't face disappointing the three people who might actually read my blog, so I must soldier on. I met the Actor at the dodgeball bar two Thursdays ago. My roommate B. plays in an intramural sports league and it's dodgeball season! Dodgeball terrifies me, I was never the fastest kid and was not picked very often, so it brings up old humiliations. Plus I throw like a girl.

Anyways, I met the Actor the same night all that crap with Dodgeball guy (see last post) started. I may have made out with him in front of the bar, I may not have. I'm not saying anything else about it.

He is very California. I mean you look at him and you know this is no Virginian. His hair is perfect and his highlights are better than mine. He wears vintage t-shirts and cowboy boots and bootleg jeans and aviator sunglasses. He is laid back and appears to be flirting with everyone, so his sexuality is often questioned. Plus he drives a Scion, which can't help matters. He wants to be an actor and is from San Francisco.

You just don't meet people like this where I'm from. We've been hanging out a lot, I'd say once every 3 days to once every other day. The first night we went out he took me to a Cuban restaurant and we had mojitos and he sat on the same side of the booth as me and bought me flowers from a street vendor. He was funny and had a lot of stories and asked all the right questions.

The next time we hung out we went out for sushi. He made fun of my chopsticks skills and mentioned that he might be moving back to California if he was signed with the agency he wanted into. Apparently there aren't a lot of acting gigs (at least in movies) in Virginia.

Now we've hung out three more times since then. Last Thursday we returned to dodgeball bar, where inconveniently enough Dodgeball guy was not there to get it through his head that I was unavailable and to stop e-mailing me. Friday we hung out at my mom's since I am house sitting this week and watched movies and made out and went to Barnes and Noble. Sunday we went to Arby's and watched A Perfect World with Kevin Costner. He told me on Friday that he got the job in CA and will be moving back in about 2-3 months.

Shit shit shit. I finally meet someone good and I can tell that it's different, that there's a comfort level there and a sense of happiness just being around one another and you know, ease, that is so different from where I've been in such a long time, and he's going to leave and move 3000 miles away. I

know it's not the be all and end all, and I am trying my best to continue to meet other people because it might hurt a little less when he leaves, but it's very hard. I don't truthfully want to meet anyone else...and I know it's very early yet and a lot can happen in a couple of months and I'm in that googly-eyed-spend-all-your-time-together first stage, but still. It sucks. And it really sucks because I KNOW what I am doing to myself. I know I am setting myself up for such disappointment, but I can't stop! I just want to spend as much time with him as possible before he goes.

Also I need to gather secrets on him for when he becomes famous so I can write my tell-all memoirs.

2 comments:

SaM-GiRL said...

Lol.... good luck with getting the secrets. And dont feel bad for wanting to hold on and spend ALL ur time with him...youre a chick, thats what we do!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]online wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]14 tage wetter[b][/url]