Monday, November 13, 2006

Starting off Square

So I'm sure that I'm starting this blog much in the same way that all the veteran bloggers do, thus becoming unoriginal from the start. But...it may take me awhile to learn blogger etiquette and all the niceties of social networking on the internet.

I don't even have a myspace. And here's why: Why am I going to create an online profile so people who I wouldn't have kept up with anyway can find me and probably annoy me and make me wish I could get away from them like I did in real life? Now I realize many of you will argue with me and I may eventually have to give in and make a little page announcing all my quirks and featuring drunk photos of myself and my friends to the world, but for now I'm not giving in, dammit. (Can I curse on here?)

For those of you unaware of my name or title's referent, you need only look to Reality Bites, my favority movie ever for its all-star celebrity cast and clever zingers like:

"Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water? Or was it his in-depth analysis of, uh, uh, Marky Mark that finally reeled you in?"

This blog may be from time to time about any of the following:

Rants and raves on pop culture, politics, drunk drama, my love life(actually, this is pretty much guaranteed), and more. See, I told you this is starting off with an incredible amount of unoriginality!

And just for a little background, I work in a city that my roomate refers to as "The Orphan of the East Coast" for its blank refusal to be accepted by either the north or the south. I grew up here and moved back after college a year and a half ago for two reasons:
a.) I had delusions of playing house with my now-ex boyfriend
b.) I was too chicken to move anywhere where I didn't know people (ironically, after my boyfriend and I split I suddenly realized how few friends I actually had here and am now attempting to broaden my social horizons one drunken weekend at a time)

So this is a decent start, I hope. Please enlighten me with your tips on blogging so I don't make too much of a fool of myself.

No comments: